Blizzard continues to make elite farming a very productive, very tasty means of finding great items! I’ve just returned from a little holiday and have found myself overjoyed at the changes that mean my favourite elite farming spot now sees elite packs spitting out up to 3 rares per pack kill.
The recent changes to drop rates only make this more attractive. Not only do the packs in Inferno act I drop items at a decent rate, the items they drop will have a greater chance to be better (ilevel 61 – 63)!
Check out yesterday’s hotfixes:
- The drop rates for high-end items (items level 61-63) have been increased for Acts III and IV of Hell difficulty and Acts I – IV of Inferno difficulty:
- The new approximate drop rates are as follows:
- Hell – Act III and Act IV
- iLvl 61: 13.9%, up from 9%
- iLvl 62: 3.45%, up from 1.9%
- iLvl 63: 0% (no change)
- Inferno – Act I
- iLvl 61: 23.9%, up from 17.7%
- iLvl 62: 12.6%, up from 7.9%
- iLvl 63: 4.8%, up from 2.0%
- Inferno – Act II
- iLvl 61: 23.3%, up from 18.6%
- iLvl 62: 18.6%, up from 12.4%
- iLvl 63: 9.3%, up from 4.1%
- Inferno – Act III and Act IV
- iLvl 61: 27.1%, up from 24.1%
- iLvl 62: 21.7%, up from 16.1%
- iLvl 63: 16.3%, up from 8.0%
- Bosses are now guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor
How are you guys finding these changes so far? Any particularly nice drops? Do we think Blizzard are heading in the right direction?